- 6.6 pounds light LME
- 3 pounds Pilsen DME
- 1 pound Light Candi Sugar
- 4 oz. Belgian aromatic malt
- 1 oz. Northern Brewer hops (55 min)
- 0.5 oz. UK Golding Hops (5 min)
- Starter of Belgian Strong Ale yeast (Wyeast 1388) or Abbey Ale yeast (White Labs WLP530)
This is a five-gallon, 60-minute boil recipe. Steep the grains in hot water about 150-165 degrees F for 20 minutes. Be sure to use a grain bag for this, of course.
I kegged my beer but also reserved one large bottle’s worth that I primed with sugar. It is definitely a bit more pleasing to have this carbonated with sugar, but only slightly so. It was awesome with the forced CO2 as well.